Quartararo sends warning sign to rivals on Friday morning. Rookie goes close to the outright lap record as he heads Marquez and Viñales in FP1 at Silverstone
Viñales didn’t let the Turn 7 crash deter him, the Spaniard was on the pace throughout FP1 to eventually go 0.154 slower than second place Marquez as two Yamahas sit inside the top three. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) was over a second behind Quartararo, but the Suzuki man was able to take fourth ahead of fifth place Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT).
Austrian GP winner Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) led Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) in sixth and seventh respectively, ‘The Doctor’ ensuring four Yamahas were well inside the top 10. Home hero Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol), Danilo Petrucci (Ducati Team) and Pramac Racing’s Jack Miller completed the top 10 in FP1.
Karel Abraham (Reale Avinita Racing) and Sylvain Guintoli (Team Suzuki Ecstar) crashed, riders ok.
1. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) – 1:59.952
2. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.586
3. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.740
4. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 1.027
5. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 1.050
6. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) + 1.053
7. Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 1.346
8. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Castrol Honda) + 1.443
9. Danilo Petrucci (Ducati Team) + 1.486
10. Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) + 1.583